Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Secret Santa


One of my favorite times of the year is Christmas. Duh, right? But not for the obvious reasons. I *do* love family gatherings, big meals, carols, and gift exchanges. Ah...but there is something else that gets me even more giddy.

This time of year reminds me of my days waiting for response on college admissions. Running to the mailbox, hoping for a fat envelope (because everyone knows a fat envelope is a "yes" while a thin one is a "not in a million years.").

Decemeber means running to the mailbox hoping for fat envelopes containing those glorious Christmas Cards! The photos, the Santa suits, the baby in a stocking; the dogs with red hat, matchy-matchy sweaters, and around here: the families in white shirts and jeans on the beach! The joy! I sincerely love receiving these cards, watching families grow over the years. It's a timecapsule in an envelope.

So, no pressure...but could you hurry up with those hundred and fifty ubiquitous messages and send your holly, jolly cards today?

No comments: