Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's A Small World After All


We went to Disneyland this week to escape the realtor caravan.  We've only been once before and "It's A Small World" was closed.  This time, we raced there first, and fortunately it was open.  
What a treat that ride is.  And what a fantastic message to our little (and big people) it conveys.  Going through each world seeing different ethnicities and cultures on sweet little singing dolls (albeit cliche) somehow gets me teary-eyed.  

It kind of reminds me of John Lennon's "Imagine."  For those of you who need a reminder (sorry in advance, it *will* get stuck in your head...)

Written by: Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman
It's a world of laughter 
A world of tears 
It's a world of hopes 
And a world of fears 
There's so much that we share 
That it's time we're aware 
It's a small world after all 

There is just one moon 
And one golden sun 
And a smile means 
Friendship to ev'ryone 
Though the mountains divide 
And the oceans are wide 
It's a small world after all.

How true is that?  So simple.  So beautiful.  The ride serves as a reminder that children of the world will always seek global peace.  

4 comments:

Henry said...

I really don't like it's a small world after all because the song is very annoying! I almost fainted when you talked about John Lennon because I LOVE John LENNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Misty said...

Simple and true, I agree, and YOU, my dear, are a doll. Thank you for the gentle reminder today.

Cheri said...

Small World was always my favorite ride. It IS like Imagine! You are right! Laura just asked me this week what my favorite ride is, and I said, "Pirates of the Caribbean." But that is only because it now has those three Captain Jack Sparrow animatrons and I'm just want to be Johnny Depp's 'ho.

My Ice Cream Diary said...

I'm so glad to FINALLY hear someone else admit the like that ride. It was always my favorite as a kid and I still have a soft spot in my heart for it.