Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dream Job

So I know we are all living our dream already, especially those of your who are SAH Moms. There is, of course, no better job on the planet than that of nose-wiping, bottom-wiping, tear-wiping, sandwich-making, band-aid applying, time-out giving, rule-enforcing, back-to-your -bed-marching , loving and tending to our dear children.

However, just for fun, I ponder what my ultimate dream job would be (in another life of course).  Maybe it's that we just moved and I'm getting all nest-y and decorator-y, but do cool design things just jump out and pull you in?  I can get lost in an issue of O at Home, an episode of Trading Spaces, or Design on a Dime.  I'd spend endless hours in a funky antique shop, or design studio, or home decor store just pondering the possibilities if I had the time.

I love...

Cool things like this




And this




And this

And this.


I love the feeling I get when I see people of great need get help, and somehow help with a house is the sweetest gift for a family in need.  So, I've decided that in my next life (when I'm not already living my dream as a mother and teacher) I'll be a designer for this show:




Add it all up and despite my regular-looking home with regular-looking stuff, somewhere in me there's a person who would kick a** at this.  


So Friend, I ask you, what is your dream job?



12 comments:

Amy said...

if you were a designer, i would hire you in a heart beat as i just can't seem to get motivated to decorate here!

as for my dream job.... i really would love to be a successful photographer. :)

just jamie said...

Amen Amy. I think photographer is tied with Extreme Makeover for me.

T. said...

Trading Spaces, or Design on a Dime? Honey have you seen Divine Design? Now that lady rocks... as much as you would if you became a designer.

You in fact would rock and do rock at everything single thing you do. Always have!

My dream job would be something artsy, like a poet or a photographer or a novelist or a poetic novelist who takes her own photos for her books. Oh and I'd like to be wickedly funny too.

Mom

Anonymous said...

an author with an empty house

OHmommy said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Your about me is so perfect and THIS post... so perfect.

Are you sure that we are BFF lost in translation.

Where have you been? We have so much to talk about! AMEN!

OHmommy said...

My dream job.... national geographice photographer.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I think I would like that too - with unlimited funds to draw upon !

I agree being a SAHM rocks though LOL at the strikeouts - too true.

Beautiful ♥
thanks for visiting me
My Little Drummer boys

Amy said...

i hope you are all well. talk to you later@ =)

Amber M. said...

Loved to see all the gorgeous eye candy you enjoy. My dream job? Writing museum guides for children or teaching art history at a university. I'm such a nerd.

Kat said...

I would hire you in a second!

Misty said...

Photographer.

Although, I have to say I truly, in all honesty, love nothing more then being a mother. I.love.it.

I really, really do.......

xo Misty

PS: You're my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Okay... my dream job would be being a SHM three days a week (five, including the weekend) and two days a week as an elementary school counselor. That way I would still get some adult time with co-workers, still get some money, but spend more time with my little man Diego. : )