* Lived in long-time home, outgrew it. Sold house.
* August 2007. Moved into new house.
* February 2008. Sold new house to move to Colorado.
* Really pissed off husband.
* March 2008. Found 6 month rental in San Diego until we figured things out. Moved.
* May 2008. Found new house and are in 30 day escrow.
* Husband extremely happy with staying in San Diego.
* Finding rental home replacements for final 2 months of lease.
* June 2008. We'll move again.
So that we don't end up with our new mortgage and an obscene rent payment for two months, we've begun showing the rental so that the owner can rent it to someone more stable appropriate for the long term.
Shortly after a trip to the grocery store, a couple came to see the house. I was just finishing putting the groceries/toiletries away when they arrived. They politely looked around. They politely left. They politely sent an email saying that they would like to begin a lease in our home.
To my horror, I realized that not all of the groceries had been put away before their arrival. The one meant to be put in a medicine cabinet and far out of sight was smack dab in the middle of the kitchen table.
So, do you think it was the Vagisil that sealed the deal? They say to make your home smell like fresh-baked cookies, to play classical music, and to turn on all of the lights. I say, leave out some Vagisil. Worked for me.
(P.S. Antibiotics from lip episode didn't agree with my body, hence the photo above.)