Tuesday, March 11, 2008

SHOW-AND-TELL: What's In Your Purse?

I was at a meeting last night when someone asked me for a pen. "Sure," I said. "I have one in my purse." So I reached in and found... a crayon at best.

Which got me thinking, what's in your purse?  We all have random items, necessary items, and maybe even a few Cheerios lurking at the bottom.  Besides the ubiquitous cell phone and keys, here is what I found in my purse.

Here She Is


Sanitizer, Crayons, and Stickers


4 Hot Wheels and Cars


Three Shades of Shine


Gotta Have Fresh Breath


A Wallet...(Sans Cash)


And OF COURSE, a Little Purple Monster

So, here's a homework assignment for some of my favorite bloggy friends.  

Post on your blog a SHOW-AND-TELL:  What's in Your Purse?

(What's in the purse of a Veteran Mom?)
Trish (My Mom) at This is Trish's Blog
Cheri at Blog This Mom

(What's in the purse of a Mother of 3?)
Kathryn at Seeking Sanity

(What's in the purse of a new Mom?)
Burgh Baby's Mom at Burgh Baby

(What's in the purse of a Classy Mom?)
OhMommy at Classy Chaos

(What's in the purse of a Sweet Mom?)

(What's in the purse of a Fun and Single Chic?)

Looking forward to seeing what lurks inside your baggage.  If anyone else wants some homework, go for it!



23 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Thanks for the tag--it will be my Saturday post!

Chevy said...

oh, the pressure! ha ha! Ok, I'll get on it, when I get home. I LOVE and miss homework!

Misty said...

I'll do my tell all tomorrow.

VERY impressive content, by the way....

Amy said...

oh lord, do ya really want to know? sounds like fun, can i organize it first. i will get on that. have a great day! =)

OHmommy said...

NICE!

I am in my OWN category? LOL.

I will soooooo do this one but promise you won't be alarmed!!! I have so many goldfish and crackers and junk... I might have to clean out!

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

Laski said...

OK--so doing this. Um, doesn't everyone have a purple purse monster???

Chevy said...

homework completed

Lindsey said...

this was so cute and even had me pondering over the contents of my own purse and diaper bag. the diaper bag....whew, it is overflowing.

love the purple monster!!!

Kat said...

Oooo. This one is so fun! I love it. I'll have to do this one next week when I am catching up on all of my other memes.
Thanks for the tag!

Ice Cream said...

I don't carry a purse for this very reason. My pockets are already full. I just have a wallet on a string so that I don't get overloaded. Your purse is super cute, though.

Burgh Baby said...

Are you psychic? I'm serious. I have been thinking of doing a post on that exact subject for two reasons:

1. People seem overly impressed that I always manage to catch photos of my kid at the perfect time. If you keep a camera in your purse, amazing things happen.

2. The other day I needed to write the address on a package and had to use a crayon since I didn't have a frackin' pen.

So, even though I don't like assignments, I will absolutely play along. It might take me a minute, but I'll do it.

Burgh Baby said...

Oh, and are you saying that I am neither classy nor sweet? Ouch!

just jamie said...

@ BB's Mom: No. Of course not. I'm just saying, put it your blog title and you'll get your own category. :) Women always read between the lines, don't they?

@Misty & Chevy: Extra credit for finishing your assignment in such a timely manner.

Misty said...

I will take extra credit any day. Because... as you know..... I can take pictures of my purse, but NOT keep up on my spring cleaning...

katydidnot said...

purple monster? i don't have one in mine. why? why?

judy said...

Love your blog. Come visit if you get a chance.

Angela said...

You know you got to have toys if you have kids.
I have two trains along with other things

debi9kids said...

I'll try to add this to my weekend post. LOL My purse aka luggage will be pretty scary. (I use it as a diaper bag for the twins)

Mary said...

Oh man! Mine is such a mess! I'll do this one tonight!

OHmommy said...

I will have my post up NEXT week. took pictures and all!!!

Again, great idea!

Jennifer said...

I just found your blog from LaskiGal's blog... love this purse idea... I might borrow it and do this on my blog, if you don't mind. I will link you to the post if that is okay with you?? And can I also add you to my blog roll?? (please)
I look forward to reading more of your blog. :)
Hugs,Jenn

RJTrue said...

I haven't done my assignment ... I will soon! Promise!!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

http://choosingmyown.blogspot.com/2008/03/whats-in-your-purse.html

You're in Canada girl!